SNOW?!?!?

We woke up this morning to no power - and SNOW!!! Daisy was so excited, she kept calling it "snowman". I thought she meant she wanted to build a snowman, so at 8:30 this morning, we all got bundled up (my parents included) and went out in the snow. How else do you entertain a 2-yr-old without any electricity? Mom, Dad, and Jeff all shoveled and shook off trees while Daisy and I (mostly me) built a snowman. Just as I was finishing the head of the snow personage, Daisy swiftly knocked it down and enjoyed every minute. So I quickly rebuilt it and didn't let her near it until I was done. (I later realized she was calling it 'snowman' from the "Once There Was A Snowman" primary song. That was her connection!) At least we got a picture of it! Needless to say, we quite enjoyed the first snowfall of the season, and are even more excited that it'll be back up in the 70s in a few days - welcome to Utah seasons!



Our (okay, mine) beautiful little BYU/cowboy snowman.

7 comments:

Becky Marie said...

Daisy is loving the snow! How cute?
I need to come to Heartland and show you Elizabeth.

Moon Whaler said...

Wow, even Logan didn't get that much snow! That hat is sub-par. I think she needs a new one, perhaps a hand-made one :)

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

How fun! Pumpkin patches and snow storms. Both are so much fun. You look SO fabuloso! way to go girlie!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so gross. I couldn't read this post without cringing!!!! But I'm glad you made the most of it!!!

Tiff said...

CRAZY!! I can't believe you guys already got some snow!! Cute snowman!

The Elders said...

hey! crazy with the snow and all. it snowed here too but it was only like 10 minutes worth. but still, i am not ready for that. i am coming next week so we need to hang out. i will keep you updated.

Jeff and Brittney said...

Hi Christy!
I found your blog recently and have been enjoying all the cute pics and stories you post. Daisy is getting so big, what a cutie!
I just started our own blog and wanted to share with you too. I am working on making it private so when you can, just leave your email in a comment and I'll add you too.

Hope you are enjoying the fall like we are! I love this time of year! It's great to hear you are well!
Love, Brittney Peck