Tag gag

Okay, so I guess I'd better get this over with before more people bug me:

20 years ago -
I was 6 and living in North Salt Lake. My parents still live in the same house. It was a fun house to grow up in. I had lots of friends in the neighborhood and we had a big backyard with a big tree, nice hill, and awesome sandbox/swingset. I remember being afraid of the basement because it was a giant cement room with all of dad's widgets and junk, and there was always spiders. Oh, and the washer and dryer was always so loud. I think I was quite the cutie, but bossy, little girl.

10 years ago - I was 16 and loving life. I had started dating and was looking forward to my first school dance. Thanks Darin Paul for taking me to Senior Ball that year! I loved driving the awesome Chevy Citation by dad found for me (I don't think he bought it cuz it probably wasn't worth anything!) and would always find excuses to run errands for my mom or bring my friends home. It only cost $10 for a fill-up! I was active playing soccer, b-ball, and lacrosse at my high school, and playing clarinet in the band and pep band. I loved being involved. I did not love English. Little did I know, my future husband was getting ready to graduate down the street at Bountiful High.

5 years ago - Seems so long ago! I was engaged (long-distance) and on cloud ninety-nine. I worked two jobs, lived at home, called Jeff nightly (for hours), and was planning a wedding. I wish I would have known that I only had a few months left with my older brother, Cameron. I probably would have been more patient with him and more willing to help him. I also would have tried to memorize his voice, his laughter, his walk. Funny how some things can fade so quickly....

3 years ago - I was pregnant! I didn't know it yet, but our little Daisy had been successfully conceived. We were living in our tiny one bedroom basement apartment in Rexburg, Idaho. I was going through a roller-coaster of emotions as I dealt with the death of my younger brother, Carter, being away from home, and trying to get pregnant for a year. Poor Jeff! He sure had a lot to deal with and he was so good to me, and spoiled me. We were both working full-time, and he was going to school full-time. Our rent was $350 and we were barely making ends meet!

1 year ago - I was chasing after a very active 15 month old and working part-time at Heartland Paper Company. Yup, that's pretty much it.

So far this year - This has been a great year! Jeff started a new job and it has been excellent for us. Daisy is learning new words every day and never ceases to amaze us or make us smile. I still work at Heartland Paper (it's my sanity release), and have enjoyed a great birthday and nice little trip to Denver, Colorado. Jeff and I feel like we're finally getting on top of our finances and being smart with money and really planning for the future. I've lost a few pounds and got a new haircut and that always makes a woman feel good!

Yesterday - I spent the whole day with my mom. It was her birthday so Daisy and I decided to spoil her as well as ourselves. We started the excursion off with a Keva juice, stopped by Grandma Oma's, then headed up to the Layton Hills mall. Daisy got lots of things (I wish I could find an entire outfit for myself for $7!) and I got some new shoes and a cute shirt. Daisy got her first fat lip at JCPenney, and bled all over Nana, so I bought her a new shirt. After a late Chick-fil-A lunch, we headed home with an exhausted two-year-old. Then Jeff and I enjoyed American Idol, and watched "I Am Legend" until we finally went to bed! Shopping always makes for a great day!

Today - I got up early to help the plumber fix our tub fixtures, then waited an hour and a half in Dr. Stoker's waiting room for him to take two seconds to look in Daisy's ears and tell me her tubes look fantastic and to come back in another six months! What a waste of time! We came home, had some crap pasta for lunch, and while Daisy napped, I imported all of the photos of my camera and fixed them up in iPhoto. Apparently, I fell asleep at the computer because I woke up just in time to get us ready to leave, and get me to work! Daisy got dropped off at Papa's (who she absolutely adores!) and I headed over to a busy day at the Paper place! Now it's nearly midnight, Jeff's snoring away, and I'm sittin here wasting precious beauty sleep to type down this unnecessary crap!

I tag............hmmmm, anybody who feels like wasting time! Maybe I'll make Jeff do this too!

1 comment:

Joe and Dawn said...

I loved reading this tag!Maybe if I can find some spare time I might try it:)Speaking of your brothers, I have the cutest video of Cameron on my wedding video dancing, laughing, and clapping that makes me miss them everytime I watch it. My mom should have a copy if you want to see it:)They sure were and still are amazing!I feel blessed to have been their cousin:)