Monday, August 29th, 2011

I thought I'd better get this down before Daisy grows up any more. Let me first start by saying that Daisy is more than ready for school. She is on the older end of her classmates, but definitely taller than most. And do I dare say smarter? Yes, I may be a bit biased, but she just loves to learn. It's almost annoying! Her cousins her age made the school year deadline last year, and are now in first grade. That was really hard for me, especially since I felt that Daisy was just as prepared (if not more) to start school than them. So it's been a long year. Thankfully, we were able to find a great preschool in Nibley while we were living in Hyrum that kept her (and mom and dad!) sane.
Well, today was Daisy's turn! She has been patiently waiting all summer to go to Kindergarten. When we moved down to Woods Cross, we assumed she would go to Woods Cross Elementary. It wasn't until after we moved in that we found out she would be bused to Foxboro Elementary. Isn't that just ironic? We couldn't believe it but were so excited for her. She was most excited about riding the bus.
I think someone was a little anxious because she woke up at 6:15 this morning! I was still doing my little workout DVD, so she sat on the couch, half asleep, and watched. She kept looking out the window, "Mom!" she would say. "It's getting light out! Is it time for school yet?" So I tried to take our time getting ready, stretching out breakfast, taking extra-long to do her hair, and then the daily struggle over what to wear. I had the cutest outfit in mind, but of course, Daisy has her own idea of style already. I try not to make mountains out of molehills, but I do want my daughter to look somewhat decent! So we found a compromise. We then took the required "1st day of school" pictures on the porch with the awesome backpack that Daisy colored all on her own and is very proud of.
![]() | |||||||||
| Our compromise of the outfit |
![]() | ||
| Seriously, one proud Daddy |
![]() | |
| Love the 3 missing teeth! |
![]() |
| Just a little anxious at the bus stop, so she's sticking by Mommy |
![]() | ||
| How big is that grin!?! |
After she boarded the bus, I turned back around to head home. I look up and see Jeff standing in the yard watching Daisy with the biggest, proudest look on his face. It was then that I got a little choked up. Just a little. Our beautiful, happy little baby girl was going to school. Crazy how time flies by so quickly. Seems like just yesterday (yet forever at the same time) that we brought her home a newborn. Okay, enough sentimental crap, and more pictures!
![]() | |
| Found her cubby! Near the bottom for the tall girl? Really? |
![]() | |
| And found her seat. One last smile for Mom, cuz she's all ready for Mrs. James! |
Zoey and I tried to play and pass the time, but I guess we both were a little anxious for Daisy to come home because we got to the bus stop a bit early and waited. Apparently, Daisy is the only one that comes off at that stop. She literally bounded of the bus, all smiles, and couldn't stop talking about the great day she had. Hula hoops in P.E., singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" for music time, learning to line up quietly and orderly, and learning to listen and be respectful. Or as Daisy put it, "bee-PEXT-full." And the one thing she was most proud of?
"And mom, guess what?"
"What, Daisy?"
"I didn't fart all day!"
Awesome.







7 comments:
I saw your email at work this morning and almost started crying. To be fair, I was already crying after dropping my girls off at daycare. But regardless, I can't believe this girl is in kindergarten!! She looks so cute in all her pics, and I love the one of her getting on the bus! Precious. And hey, I didn't fart all day either! It's hard to do!
Oh, and Patsy saw these pictures and asked if you guys had ever considered Daisy modeling. She is gorgeous!!
Ha!! That's awesome! What a character you have!
When did you move to Woods Cross?! We need to get together and do something fun. Katelyn just started preschool too and has Mrs. James! Do you have morning? I love your bus pictures and yes, I think she is just soo cute too!
She is so Jeff's kid. :)
My son had Mrs. James last year! It's so crazy that our kids are so grown up! I'd love to get together with you sometime now that you live here again!
She is so adorable! I absolutely just love Daisy so much. I always have! I'm so glad she had a wonderful time on her first day of school. Good smellin' and everything! What a proud mommy you must be :) Precious!
Post a Comment