Watch out world! Daisy's FIVE!

Thought maybe I'd finally get around to posting the pictures we did for Daisy's birthday. Better late than never, right? Two days after we moved to Hyrum, Daisy thought she was ready to be an official five-year-old. Not sure who gave her the go-ahead cuz we've been quite enjoying the four-year-old cutie that we've had with us! But whether she's four or five, we absolutely love having her around. Daisy loves to help - almost to a fault. She helps with laundry, dishes, cooking, and Zoey. Although I wish she'd help more with picking up her toys! She is always wanting to help feed Zoey - which Zoey usually tolerates better then when Jeff or I attempt it - and Zoey can't ever get in the tub without big sister to jump in and help her play and wash up. My favorite moment of the day is when they play together. It is so precious to see how much Zoey looks up to her older sister, and of course, Daisy loves the attention. It makes me feel like we may have done something right! A couple weeks ago she asked us if we could read scriptures together. We have never done that with her so she had to have gotten it from Primary. So we did, and now we read probably 3 or 4 times a week. Thanks to Daisy. She's also responsible for the daily dinner prayer (nobody else gets a turn!) and she totally loves "Church Day" and learning about Jesus.

Daisy is also our little social butterfly. She loves playing with friends anytime, all the time, and is constantly on the look out to make new friends. Good thing she's in a preschool with lots of kids! We never worried about her and the move cuz we knew she would make good friends fast and easy. How could anyone NOT like this beautiful sweet girl? Plus, with a name like "Daisy", doesn't it just exude happiness?

Jeff and I have been amazed at how adept Daisy is to pretty much all sports. Granted she gets some good genes from all angles, but still. She was kicking a soccer ball before she could walk, throws a ball quite far and with pretty good aim, can swing the bat and make contact, even golf! She has been going to Flips for the past couple years and loved all the fun flips and jumps she learned. (We loved the exertion of energy that was taken out on something rather than our furniture!) She is finally signed up for soccer this Spring. It'll be her first team experience and she can hardly wait. She wears her uniform all the time! I just can't wait for her coach to see her awesome left foot - watch out Mia Hamm!

So I realize how long this post is going to be, but once I start talking about my girls, I can't stop. Let's continue shall we? Daisy is more than ready for school. I love the Learning Center because I feel like the teachers help her grow no matter where the rest of the class is. She loves to write and takes time everyday to do her "homework". She will grab a nearby book or cereal box or anything with letters on it, and will write down all the letters she sees - usually filling up both sides of the paper. She can write Mom, Dad, Daisy, Zoey, Nana, and Papa, just to name a few. She has both of Nana's phone numbers memorized (not her own!), and is constantly asking how to spell things out. She's learning to read with the help of the Leapfrog Tag system and would probably catch on much quicker if her mom got off her lazy bum and worked with her more. But I still think her favorite part of learning is making something. She loves painting most of all, but she'll settle for some markers or crayons if she has too. She doodles on the iPad on the long drives to Nana, and she loves getting her craft on when I pull out my own projects to work on.

All in all, I could go on about how much we love Daisy and how special she is. We can't imagine our lives without her. She is such a blessing to our family. Jeff and I are both so excited to see the kind of woman she will grow into. Happy Birthday Daisy! We love you so much!!!

(And of course, pictures courtesy of Fotofly)









 Posted Feb 24th, 2011

9 comments:

Adam and Cami said...

She is so super cute! She is growing into such a beautiful little lady!!!

Suzy Q said...

What a doll! Those curls are the cutest. I especially love the crazy face picture, reminds me of Jeff for some reason. :) Love you guys!

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

What a cutie! I love all the pictures!

Brook and Jason :) said...

Oh I just LOVE those pictures! Great photographer! She is such a princess and getting so big! I love watching your family grow, hope all is well!

Jessica said...

She is absolutley beautiful! Hope all is well in Hyrum.

Anonymous said...

She should be in a magazine! Those pictures are great!!

C C & R said...

You live in Hyrum now? Where have I been? Those photos are adorable. That girl is going to be a heartbreaker.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

She's such a cutie! I love how you can see how large her personality is in her pictures. Adorable!! I CAN'T believe that she is already 5!

Even Better Than the Real Thing said...

Oh my, your are going to be in some trouble when she gets older. She is so stinkin' cute!!!