I always knew Jeff was going to be an amazing dad. One time, when we had just barely started dating, I had to cancel our day plans to help my mom out watching her daycare kids. I figured Jeff would just say okay and go on with his day, but nope. He showed up at my house, cookies in hand, to help. That was the first day we officially squeezed ourselves onto the couch and cuddled!
He has always been so good with kids - much better than me. They are just drawn to him. Maybe it's because he's the youngest and never had to deal with younger siblings, or maybe it's because he takes alot after his mom (who's an elementary school teacher and has a natural way with kids), or maybe it's because he's just plain awesome. I, of course, think he's pretty awesome.
Our first calling as a married couple was in the nursery. From day one, the kids loved Jeff. He would make up these weird games and even the shiest kid would join in. We were in there for two years, and he never ran out of fun things to do!
Jeff even named our first child! When we were dating, we somehow got on the topic of children's names, and he said that he always thought that "Daisy" was such a cute name for a little girl. Well, it being my favorite flower, I totally had to agree!
After trying for about a year, we finally got pregnant with Daisy. From the moment we saw that positive test, we knew we were having a girl. I've never seen any guy so excited! Most guys want their "son" first, but he never once mentioned wanting a boy. I'm sure he still does, but we do girls so well, what's the point!
I mentioned before how Jeff always makes up games and turns everything fun (which can be frustrating when I'm trying to discipline!) so Daisy, of course, loves to do anything with Daddy. If Daddy's doing something, she HAS to help. Making cookies is a favorite, she also loves to ride horsey around, and play anything with a ball outside. Whenever Jeff grabs the football, she has to run down to her room and get her BYU football jersey on just to play with him! And since Daddy plays the drums, guess who thinks she needs to also?
Jeff has been so good to me during this pregnancy. I've been much sicker than with the last one, and he's always taking over parenting duties so I can sleep in, take a nap, or take my time in the shower. When we found out it was another girl, we both we're so elated, and then he tells me that he was secretly hoping for another one the whole time! Our daughters definitely know the meaning of "daddy's little girl" even before they're out of the womb!
Jeff works hard to provide for his family. I know I probably nag him too much about financial matters, but he's never once complained about our current situation because he knows its what best for our family in the long run. He's the one that keeps me sane, and makes sure Daisy is enjoying her childhood. He is such a great dad, full of love and patience, and is always there when needed. I definitely could not do this alone! I know we probably spoil Daisy, but my grandma always says you can never spoil a child with too much love.
Thank you, Jeff, for being such an amazing husband and an even more amazing dad! I loved you so much the day I married you, and I love you more and more each day. You bring out the best in me and those around you. I could not imagine my life without you. I'm so glad you're mine for eternity!!! I love you always, and forever!!! XOXOX
2 comments:
It is fun having you live with us and watching Jeff play with Daisy. It means so much to me since I never got to do stuff with my Dad and when Chuck and I were parents we were caught up in raising the kids and all the worries so I never got to sit back and watch. Jeff you are an amazing dad. You know I tell everyone how blessed I am to have such great son-in-laws and I really mean it or I wouldn't say it. Christy, you chose well ! ! ! ! Also for anyone reading this, they not only cuddled that first day, they also kissed and then I knew he was the one. I had to rush Carter to the hospital and that was why Christy stayed home. Amazing guy from the start 1 ! ! Love Mom, Nana , Lita
Jeff is an amazing guy. I love having him as my brother. He has always fit in with our family from day one and treats you (Christy) so well, even when I think, "She's a brat!" :) I love you both, and happy Father's Day Jeff!
Post a Comment