Mirabel Soledad Palacios came into this world on her late grandfather's birthday, Saturday, February 28th, at 1:42pm. She weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 20 inches long. She is the only grandkid on Danny's side, so I speak from experience when I say she WILL be spoiled! My sister Carly (the mommy) was gung-ho about doing it au naturel, and probably could have, but made it all the way to a 7 before asking for an epidural. I'm glad she did because then she was able to enjoy the whole birthing experience. Overall, I think it was quite a quick and easy labor (less than 12 hrs from 1st contraction to birth) and Carly was a trooper. Danny was too. He kept us all informed so we could get excited with anticipation. At 2pm, my Mom & Dad, and Jeff & I headed up to Logan to visit. I can't believe how tiny she was! Rafe just seemed so much bigger! Maybe it's her petite little face and delicate features that just screamed girl. She even has long fingers and toes, and perfectly shaped fingernails! Of course, we took quite a few pictures that I'd like to share. Ain't she precious?!?
11 comments:
Congrats to Carly! What a cute baby girl! This is so exciting to have 2 new babies in one week! Daisy is going to love having cousins to play with!
Britt
That's so fun that your sister's had their babies so close together! They are both adorable!
Wow, I am just impressed that Carly was even thinking about not doing an epidural. Both kids are so cute and congrats to your sisters!
thank you for sharing the pictures. What a doll!
She is a cutie patootie! Tell Carly and Hubby congrads! I can't believe your labor vibes worked! I will call you next time I need them! Wait! never mind I WILL NEVER NEED THEM! ah at least not for me...
Oh my freaking heck!! What is going on?!?! Who else is pregnant? I had no clue Carly was expecting too. I seriously sat there reading the post for like 2 minutes. When I read Carly was the mom i even more confused and my first thought was "I thought she had a boy!" until I registered it was the other sister. Thats pretty exciting and she is adorable. Love the name! tell her I say congrats and I hope she is feeling good.
Fun to read your updated posts Christy! It's been awhile! How fun to have two new little babies in the family! We should get together sometime soon! Daisy is growing up!
She is precious! I saw Carly at the doctor's the day after her due date. I wished her luck, and I'm glad that they're doing well.
P.S. are you not private anymore?
Tell Carly and Courtney both congrats from me. The babies are adorable! Can't wait to me them. Also on the head trauma post below we've been through that with all my kids. They usually grow out of it at about age 5:)
Happy Happy Birthday Christy dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish then it would be a Happy happy Birthday to you from ME! LOve ya Have a great one!
Post a Comment