Head Trauma x 3....

Daisy's little noggin has had a rough 24 hours. Last night during dinner, she was strapped in her high chair. My mom tried to pull her closer to the table, but the chair leg got caught on the rug and Daisy fell - high chair and all - face down to the floor! The high chair tray probably actually saved her face, but her forehead somehow found the edge of another chair on it's journey toward the ground. I was at work during this time and came home to a naked toddler with a tear-stained face and a nice purple bump right in the middle of her forehead. That was number one. Then came morning. She loves to hide under blankets and wander around the house "invisible" to scare people. As she was headed out of the kitchen, she slipped on her blanket and the back of her head found the banister. It actually wasn't too bad, but she probably still had a bit of a headache, so she cried pretty hard. That was number two. After breakfast, she found my scrapbooking swivel chair and pushed it into the living room so I could spin her around. She was laughing so hard, she had a hard time breathing! Then the phone rang. Daisy jumped off the chair running to get that darn phone, and - since she was still dizzy - ran right into the corner of the wall! Thank you, number three. I was trying not to laugh as I cuddled her, but it was quite amuzing! Luckily, the immediate, giant goose-egg didn't rupture, or we would have spent the morning at the ER. By now, she was in hysterics and I had to bribe her with a brownie so I could put ice on it. The poor thing is now asleep with a tummy full of chocolate milk, mac 'n' cheese, and Tylenol. Let's hope she wakes up with a smile on her face, and a good few months of head-free banging! They say bad things come in three's, right? So we're good.



Believe me, the picture doesn't do them justice!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

poor little daisy!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Awwwwww! Poor Daisy! She is just so stinkin' cute with her banged up head.

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh poor little thing...yet she still managed to smile! What a sweetheart!

The Nortons said...

No fun! My kids like to bang their heads multiple times in one day also. I don't know why it always comes at once.

C C & R said...

Poor little girl!

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

Leave it to Mom to not pay attention and let Daisy fall head first to the floor! Duh! :)