What?!? It's November already?!?!?

It's been a couple of weeks and quite a bit has happened. Time for a quick update I guess. Franklin Covey has been struggling in today's economy and gave Jeff the option of working part-time at hourly rates and becoming a production designer. Good thing we sold the house when we did. (Thanks Mom & Dad for putting up with us!) Jeff decided to "stick it to the man" and start up his own design firm with his buddy, Aaron Yount. Aaron lives in Rexburg (NO, we are not moving there!) so we took a little roadtrip up to visit the Younts and talk business. Jeff and Aaron already have loads of work and a business license pending. All they need is a name! (Any ideas???) It's all pretty exciting and Jeff is stoked that he'll finally be able to do what he's dreamed of since high school. I'm still working at Heartland Paper (forever & always) and Daisy is being as cute and sweet as ever! She's really starting to talk in full sentences and can actually carry on a decent conversation on the phone with Grandma "Potti"! She absoultely loves going to her Flips class twice a week and is really quite the athlete. She must take after her mom. She's such a doll! Jeff turned 29 on the 25th, and we had a nice little date night with dinner at The Garden and a stroll around The Gateway. We love Salt Lake! Jeff's highlight was probably the Coldplay tickets he received from all of us!! I can't wait! Then came Halloween. My mom worked long and hard on the most perfect Cinderella gown for Miss Daisy. It was gorgeous and Daisy looked better than the real Cinderella if I do say so myself! Every day she would beg to put on "Cin-duh-lell-la" (said slow and methodically ensuring she pronounced all the syllables). I did quite a marvelous job (yes, I'm bragging) on her hair and accessories and I had a little too much fun making her matching treat bucket! Jeff and I were the ugly step-sisters and I think Jeff enjoyed being in a dress a little too much..... Anyway, we really are doing well and are happy and healthy. What more could we ask for?

Self portrait at The Gateway on Jeff's Birthday


Daisy finally walking the correct way
(forward instead of scooting sideways)
on the balance beam. Way to go Daisy!!



Daddy & Daisy in front of the Rexburg, Idaho Temple


In front of the Spori Building. I still remember the night
the old one burned down!



Daisy with Morgan and Ashlyn Yount.
She had a blast playing with those girls!
!


Our little Cinderella


The awesome candy container



Cinderella bun shaped and combed to perfection!!


Ugly stepsister #1 (Jeff did my make-up!!!)


Ugly Stepsister #2 - who wins the Fugly Award?


Cinderella all tuckered out.
(This was before we had even started the real trick-or-treating!
We were just on our way to Aunt Courtney's house!)




14 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

LOVE the costumes! GREAT job on daisy's hair! She really looks like a princess...and you look fanTASTIC as the ugly stepsisters. Wow.

Sebresos Travel Blog said...

Hilarious costumes, Christy! Daisy is so precious. I sure miss you guys. Thanks for inviting me to see your blog. -Yoli

Todd and Julie said...

Good job on Daisy's hair. I love it! Katelyn is just barely letting me do her hair.

Moon Whaler said...

I didn't know you two went as ugly stepsisters. Well done! I've told Jeff some of my company name ideas... Danny is ready to kill me because I will list about 12 a day. Pick one so I can stop!

Brooke said...

Your costumes were hilarious!! Good luck with the business ventures, that's awesome he'll be able to do that!

Abbey Hadley said...

I am peeing my pants, you and Jeff are freaking hilarious! What good sports. We did not dress up. Way to represent! We still need to do something with the kiddos. Maybe a zoo day, or something??

grandmapatti said...

I'm really proud of you guys for turning lemons into lemonade. We are totally supportive and hope that we can be some help to you.
Daisy is so cute and darling, I love it when she calls and says in that sweet little voice, Hi Potti!

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

Jeff wins the fugly award. Although you look pretty fugly, too. Love the costumes!

Kristi said...

I didn't even notice her bun at the party. Very impressive! You are Jeff are the ugliest stepsisters I've ever seen! (that's meant as a compliment:)

Jessica said...

I love the costumes. Daisy looks darling as usual, but I think you and Jeff look even better!!!

The Elders said...

that is freakin' hilarious! I just about died when I saw you and Jeff. Very creative! i might have to copy you next year.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Boy oh boy was I in for a treat when I checked your bloggity blog today. Your costumes are fantastic!!! I was laughing so hard, I cried. Thanks for making my day.

Anonymous said...

That is so fun, Christy! Daisy is definitely the cutest Cinderella ever, and you guys are definitely the ugliest step sisters!

Page Posse said...

so it's now way passed November! We need an update! and I hate these Word verifacations!