On Saturday, June 28th, Jeff and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. It was truly one of the greatest days of '08 so far!! After a fun dinner/movie/date night, we drove up to where Jeff proposed. At the time it was a field with a few new trees. Now it's a gated community for senior folk. We carved "J+C" on the tree the day we became engaged. It's a little faded, but you can still see it!!

Also on our anniversary, we got the great news that we finally had an offer on the house! The offer was exactly what we were asking so we definitely accepted! What better anniversary gift is there?!? Thanks Doug for all your hard work - expect a big plate of yummy cookies very soon!!

As an early Father's Day gift, I got Jeff tickets for us to see STOMP! Both of us have always wanted to see them live, but with Jeff being one amazing percussionist, it has been his dream. We were going to wait until we go to NY in September to see them, but with them coming to our own town, I couldn't wait! It was awesome! I'd definitely recommend it and would go again in a heartbeat!!

Okay, that's all I have time for and I still have quite a bit more to post, so maybe it's gonna be one of those 'one-bite-at-a-time' things. Coming soon: my weekend with college friends, Courtney's b-day & rabbits, and biking with Daisy!!
9 comments:
YEAH!~ I am so glad that you sold your house! HOORAY! And happy anniversh! Way to go on 5 years! 2 more years and you are HOME FREE! :)
AWESOME! I didn't know they were still performing. I've sadly only seen them on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. How sad is that? Happy Anniversary!
Congrats on selling your house! That's good news huh! Although I don't really want you to move! Sounds like you had a good anniversary. Crazy that it's been 5 years for both of us huh! :)
It was great to get together the other week at the park. Daisy is a cute girl, and I loved being able to catch up with friends.
I'm so jealous of your trip to NYC. I did an internship there a few summers ago, and have a map suggestion. I thought it was easy to use, and was small enough that I didn't feel like a tourist pulling out my big map. It was good for the subway system too. Here's the link.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/New-York-City-New-York-PopOut-Map/Map-Group/e/9781841393902/?itm=204
I'm glad you had a good anniversary. Enjoy another new year together :).
I don't think that link worked, so this is the name.
New York City, New York Pop Out Map by Map Group. It's small, about a 4x6 size.
I LOVE Stomp! I got to see them a few years back and would go again in a heartbeat.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HOUSE!! That's is the BEST and didn't take that long to sell.
Happy Anniversary and Congrats on selling the house! Glad you are enjoying your summer!
I love that your initials are carved into a tree somewhere! And congrats on your house. I bet that feels GREAT!
I'm sorry we didin't get ahold of you while we were in town but this trip was even more crazy then the rest! Hey and now it has been really long since you have blogged!!! what's the deal?
Post a Comment