
We've finally done it! Daisy hasn't had a binky for almost a month now! We took the advice from many friends and family members and kept snipping off the top until it was completely gone. At first, it didn't even phase her, she still wanted it and wouldsuck the life out of it. As it got smaller, she would still want it for a bit, and then would spit it out. Finally, one naptime, she went down without it because mommy forgot about it and it was like, "out of sight, out of mind" and that was that! At night now, though, she wants her lamp on and wants to read books to herself. That's right, to herself. She does NOT want Jeff and I to read to her, we must do it wrong or something. Now we have to figure out how to make her understand that she can only read for 10 minutes and then it's lights out. Many a night, she wants to keep the book with her whether the lamp is on or not! Oh well! I'll choose books over binkies any day!!

On a side note, Jeff and I have decided to go to New York/Washington D.C in the fall. We are delaying our 5th anniversary celebration and going to his best friend Ethan's wedding in September. Neither Jeff nor I have been back East and are super excited! If any of you have any suggestions or advice on travel, hotels, must-see places, etc, we'd love some feedback. We are tentatively scheduling our trip for Sep 10th-17th. We have checked a few airlines, are definitely going to see "STOMP" off-Broadway, want to go to The Statue of Liberty, eat at Serendipity, and make out atop the Empire State Building. Mostly, we don't know what to expect money-wise or traveling around the cities. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
10 comments:
Since I work for the lovely JetBlue and have a good idea of what a low fare would be, I thought I'd jump on this post... right now, JetBlue has killer deals from SLC-JFK airport. I've never seen them this low actually. So whoever you fly with, be sure to book SOON. The rates pretty much ALWAYS go up as it gets closer. Would Daisy be traveling? Either way, right now you can get a round trip at $279/person (that includes taxes and fees). You can go online and see that fare. It's a non-stop during the night. They may have travel deals for hotel/flight/car as well, call 1-800-JetBlue and go to the Getaways dept for that. Book online to save the $15 phone booking fee. Not to rush you or anything, but those fares will go fast!! LEt me know if you have any questions. Oh, and the website is JetBlue.com and they have Live DirectTV and leather seats...they are seriously the best (and no, I'm not just being biased)!
Christy,
Neil and I stayed in NYC about 4 yrs ago. You need to stay at the Waldorf Astoria if you can. It is beautiful hotel. Also, when you go to the Empire State Building expect to pay $12.00 per person to go up (unless they changed the price). And, to be put into the elevator like a pack of sardines. The view is totally worth it, if you like heights. See everything that you can in D.C. It is all within walking distance, and the metrorail is very easy to use. Also, go to Ellis Island (that is where Grandma entered America when she immigrated from Holland). If you can you need to see a Broadway show. Beauty and the Beast is good, and so is The Lion King. I hope you have a blast. I know that I had the time of my life.
P.S. Drive by the World Trade Center site. It is something to see, and the feeling there is something that you will never forget.
Friend, I am going to NYC in 2 weeks. I would be happy to chat with you after I get back. I can show you pictures and tell you all the places we went and prices!
YEAH FOR DAISY! Way to go on the Binkie thing! It ROCKS not to have a bink! Yeah! That is awesome that she wants to have books with her in her bed! Her and Lincoln should hook up! Oh wait, they ahve already tried that...too much time together, and they already act like an old married couple! As for Back east, never been there, but definitely plan to go sometime soon!
Christy, I had no idea you were so kinky!! Make sure you get a shot of your makeout session & maybe some King Kong moves as well. And way to go Daisy on the binky, that must have been tough!!
Oh, Christy, I love the East coast! I have been numerous times and each time I think I love it more and more. But really, I don't know if you remember Hilary Weist, but she actually lives in D.C. and has for the last three years. She is a traveling maniac and has done just about all you can do there, so she would have great insight. Her sister actually lives in New York too, so she's been there a million times too. Anyway, if you would like to get a hold of her just let me know.
Hey there,
Here is my 2 cents. Bruce and I love to stay at the Warwick Hotel. http://www.warwickhotelny.com/ It is in Mid-Town and you can walk to Central Park (the nice side of the park) and take a carriage ride, go down to Times Square and over to Lincoln Center. Bring comfortable shoes because you are going to walk. As for places to eat Ray's Pizza is famous around NYC and you will find one on almost any corner. I agree that Jet Blue is the way to fly. You will fly into JFK so be prepared to pay about $50.00 to get into the city. Most cabs have a credit card machine in them now but be prepared to have cash on hand. When we were last there we saw "Curtains" with David Hyde Peirce. It was a great show but a little expensive. TKTS is a wonderful place to get bargain tickets but be prepared to stand in line. We saw the Colour purple that way and it was awesome with great seats. Email me if you have any other questions... kpritchett25@mac.com We go up there twice a year...To bad we aren't going to be there when you would. It would be fun to meet up in the Big Apple
I don't have any advice for you guys, cuz I've never been anywhere that cool, but I'm way jealous! Hope you have fun! Can you believe it's been five years already?
Here, let me give you all my New York tips... oh wait! Never been there, either! Sounds so fun, though. I'm sure Treston will be jealous. He served there on his mission!
Having lived just outside of DC for a couple of years, I definitely have some favorite spots. It all depends on what you like. I can make a list and email it to you. We should all get together sometime soon - we could do a girls night, or a day at the park with the kids. We don't live far, so even if you want to just go for a walk sometime, let me know.
Post a Comment