It's the little things...


So I'm making these cards for the exclusive card club for Heartland Paper employees and as I finished the first one, I asked Jeff for his opinion. (Usually done to make him feel good, although, he sometimes does have good ideas!) As he eyed it over he said, "I like it. It reminds me of your dress." I was a bit confused since I don't even own a green floral dress, or anything with pink dots down the middle. "What dress?" I asked. He got this nostalgic grin across his face and said, "Your wedding dress." I couldn't believe it. After nearly five years of marriage, he still remembers the detailing on the back of my dress. The ties down the back was one of my favorite features and part of the reason why I chose that dress. See ladies, guys don't forget everything!

Earlier in the week, we both had had a particularly rough day. When I called Jeff to see when he would be home (since I was getting close to the end of my 'Daisy' rope) I asked him what he wanted to do for dinner, which usually means, he'll tell me what sounds good, then I'll make whatever is quick and easy - not always the same thing. He caught me off-guard when he said, "Let's go out. You sound like you've had it and I've been stressed all day at work. Get Daisy ready and I'll be home in 15 minutes." That was definitely a pleasant surprise! Since it was a Tuesday, we ended up going to Firehouse where kids eat free on Tuesdays. We had never been to the one in Centerville, and we absolutely loved it. It was so good, and Daisy did pretty well too! Yes, Kristi, I finally had the Cordon Bleu pasta - yummy! Afterwards, Jeff was still in the 'let's play' mode so we went over to Arctic Circle and let Daisy play on the Playland. After an hour or so of playing, we got some ice cream for dessert and went home. Daisy was pretty tuckered out from her event-filled evening, and went right to bed. Jeff and I watched a few episodes of ER (We're now on Season 6!! Such an addiction) before we finally hit the sack. It was so nice to forget the day-to-day tasks and have a spontaneous outing with my cute little family! Thanks again, Jeff, you're always so good to me - even when I probably don't deserve it. I love you!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

So glad you made it to Firehouse! I'm craving their pasta. I tried to convince Jason to go there on Thur but since it wasn't "kids eat free Tues" we went to Wendy's. Still better than cooking though:)

TIFFANY MARTIN said...

So I randomly ended up at your blog and I just wanted to say hi. You're family is so cute and it was so fun to read about what you have been up to!
Tiffany (Johnson) Martin

Amy said...

Christy, You're so creative! It sounds like things were a little difficult for a while but I'm glad that they are going better. Daisy is so cute! Take care!
Amy Call Monroy

Julie said...

That card is beautiful. I love that your hubby remembered that detail, how romantic. It does look just like a wedding dress, though. How special.