10 months to go


So this is what they mean by "Terrible Twos." Daisy has now learned to open doors WITH the child safety cover on!! This lovely pantry incident was the third one that day. First, it was popcorn all over and in the sofa; then it was sugar all over the kitchen floor; and finally, an empty baking soda box after her bath. You may be asking yourselves where was I during all this? Well, she's so sneaky, all I have to do is turn away for a moment (potty break, switching laundry loads, making the bed, etc) and she somehow can turn a decent area into a HAZMAT clean-up locale. Let's just say that we've gotten quite acquainted with the ins and outs of our vacuum.

On the plus side, I have been making some progress with some of the disciplining. After many suggestions from friends and family, I purchased the book, "Love & Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years." I'm only in the 2nd chapter, but Daisy is already adapting to some of the techniques. Just last night, she was fighting bedtime. I gave her the choice to lay in her crib, or sit with mom. Either way, she was not going to leave her room. I told her she had until the count of 3 to decide or else I would choose for her. I really didn't think she would understand but I gave it a shot anyway. You know what? By the time I said, "3" she had come away from the door and into my lap. I held her for five minutes then told her it was time to lay down, and guess what? No tears! She went willingly into her crib and fell asleep! I was shocked! Now I just need to keep reading to see if it says anything about opening locked doors and dumping food everywhere....

12 comments:

Moon Whaler said...

hahaha that little punk. I am only laughing because I am not there or else I would be mad too!

Tiffany said...

if you have the child proof covers with the rubber I've heard you can take them out and it should stop her. Good luck!

Kristi said...

Glad it's you and not me. I don't know how nice I would have been (although Hailey took a blue marker-luckily washable-to Whitney's furniture, quilt, toys, karaoke machine, my bed, the hall, and my bathroom. GREAT:)

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

OH man that is one mischevious little marvin! She is SO dang cute. Sorry about the mess all the time. Lincolns new things is to now, whenever I ask him to do ANYTHING i.e., come here, put on your shoes, give me a kiss, whatever it may be, he turns the other way and RUNS for his life. Oh, the joys of toddlerhood! Wish you were here so we could enjoy it together!

Joe and Dawn said...

The sad thing is those kind of things seem like a normal part of my day in having kids:)Unconditional love-we definetly understand the term now as parents.She so cute.I'm glad I can see updated of your family even though we're so far away. Hang in their. The rewards are never ending!!!

Tammy said...

Just wait Three's not any better!! They can reach more things. Believe me I know. :)

Tiff Rudd said...

Oh boy do we know how that goes! :) Sometimes you just have to laugh and take a picture. One day we will miss the two year old days...right?

P.S. I love the hair cut and I am so impressed by how good she was - Cameron is terrible when getting his hair cut!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy! Teneill gave me your blog address! Daisy is so cute! It's always way more funny when someone else's kid is doing no-nos!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Christy-go to matiekay.blogspot.com for some cute and free blog backgrounds!

Ashley said...

You poor thing! What a nightmare! :) Good luck! By the way...I don't mind sharing with you how to make that flower. Give me your email or something and I can try to explain it. (It probably would be too long for a post.)

Bump and Erin said...

She is adorable!! I don't think I've seen her since she was fresh from the womb...(that was kind of gross).

-Bump

Julie said...

Oh, you are adorable. I love this post, "HAZMAT clean-up locale." HA! That is so...AH, I love it! I found your link on Kristi's. I love your blog. Little Daisy is so adorable. I am so scared for when Kate can open doors. I'm sure it's around the corner. HELP! I love that you're reading the "Love & Logic" book. I'll have to get that one. My mom raves about that series. I love it when our little ones surprise us with good behavior! Hopefully that keeps happening! Love ya!