Yes, the Christmas decor is still up...

Okay, so someone once said that if you focus on the good things in your life (no matter how great or small), pretty soon you're mood will improve and so will your life. So here's hoping. The last two months have been, well, let's just say that a four-letter word won't cover it. Yes, our holiday decorations are still up, but at least the holidays are over. Daisy is finally getting over her "toddler" illnesses and is definitely a two-year-old. I am able to work with understanding and supportive people that have helped me pick up extra shifts and make extra kits here and there. Jeff and I both have great families helping us financially and making sure we stay fed and sane. Jeff is also so super-qualified in what he does, that many interviews end with, "We can't pay you what you're worth, you're too qualified for this job." Which, too me, means that he is too smart and too creative for his own good and the right job will come. Some company out there is looking for him, and he will find it soon enough. I've also been blessed with a husband that is determined and hard-working and will do whatever it takes to provide for his family. And last, but not least, we have been blessed with a beautiful daughter who can take sad moments and turn them into laughter. Who can wake us up in the morning with a smile on her face and put a smile on ours. What did we ever do without her? We are constantly reminding eachother how lucky and blessed we are and that, this too, shall pass. Hopefully, one day, we will be able to look back on this time and see that it was necessary to teach us something. And, hopefully, that day will be sooner rather than later.

6 comments:

Ambler Fam said...

If it makes you feel better so is ours :) I better get it down before the baby comes though. I'm so glad you started blogging! We really need to get together!
Amy

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

YEAH FOR BLOGGING! I thought that you would NEVER jump on the band wagon, but let me tell you...this is ONE HAPPY BLOGGER! Jeff really IS too smart for his own good! not to mention good loooking! ;) Like I told you yesterday...call me or DIE!!

Kristi said...

So glad you joined the blogging world. I just added you to my list. It feels good to post the joys and sorrows we all experience. See you tomorrow!

The Willson Family said...

Cute! I was just thinking about you the other day .... how are things? I can't believe Daisy is two!

Tammy said...

Hey Good to hear from you guys. We are still in good ole Rexburg. We went to Gringo's and had the fajitas and thought of you guys. Hopefully everything will work out for you guys. See ya, Tammy and Chris

Tiff Rudd said...

Hey girl! It has been way to long. Glad you decided to do the blog thing - it is so fun to catch up with old friends! Hope things look up for you guys soon - have you read the book "The Jackrabbit Factor"? Awesome book that has helped us more than once. Anyway, excited to keep in touch better! Tiff and Adam Rudd