Our little princess is four today and we can hardly believe it! We've had such a fun week with her. She's at such a cute stage in life and everything is so exciting for her. We love the little "-isms" that pop out of her mouth and we can't imagine our life without her. Now that Zoey is here, I love seeing Daisy interact with her little sister. She absolutely loves her! It's just so fun.
Last Sunday we kicked off the festivities with a fun (and delicious!) birthday dinner at Grandma Patti's. Daisy just loves hanging out with her cousins, and it's so fun to see them all play together as they get older. It reminds me of the many times we would go to Oma's house and all us kids would pretty much just be let loose to play all throughout the house and yard. Good times. Good times. This is her cake that I made for her. I had a bit of help from my mom decorating it. The curly-q's are funky candles. Daisy loved the fact that it had a big "4" on it!
Grandma Patti and Grandpa Williams spoiled Daisy with a truckload of Play-doh & kitchen set! She absolutely loves it! (And mommy and Nana love cleaning up after it...) I think it's funny that both her and Hailey are so excited, they can hardly keep their eyes open! ;)
Yesterday, she got to have her very first friend birthday party. We did a Curious George themed party, and it was a huge success! If I do say so myself. The kiddos colored George pictures, played Pin-the-nose-on-George, and even watched a Curious George episode! It was so cute to see all the kids flock around Daisy the whole time and be just as excited about all her presents. Daisy was nice and polite (which was my biggest worry) and as soon as the kids all left, she told me, "That was a great party, Mom!" Nice, big pat on the back for me! Oh, and I have to mention how awesome the cake was. We got it from Parson's Bakery. Chocolate cake, cream cheese frosting --- SO YUMMY!!!
Then last night we had Bret & Courtney, and Tony &Erin over for a little pizza party. Can't go wrong with Pizza Hut! We opened even more presents and along with lots of princess stuff, she got her first pair of roller blades! They are so cool! They totally remind me of the classic Fisher-Price skates we all used to have. You know, the kind that fit over your shoe and adjusted and didn't roll very well! These came in a little pack complete with helmet, knee pads, and wrist guards! She was so excited! It's hilarious to see her learn how to balance! All in all, I think she had a pretty good birthday. We certainly love having her in our family. She's a very special girl and we are lucky to be her parents. Love you, sweetie!
*Posted Sunday, December 20th, 2009*
2 comments:
Happy birthday Daisy May! I can't believe how fast time has flown! You are the cutest ever, and can't wait to have you as my daughter in law someday! :)
Happy Birthday Daisy! And, I know I am a little late on this, but congrats on your new baby girl too! I'm glad to hear everything went well, even with the little complication afterward! Scary, but glad it had a good ending! Have a Merry Christmas with your two cute girls!!
Post a Comment